Alongside the A7 and A7 XL smartphones, Chinese phone maker, Alcatel is positioning the product with bigger-screen smartphone. The new handset is dubbed the Alcatel Idol 5 that announced at the IFA 2017. The Idol 5 phone is basically a cheaper version of the Alcatel Idol 5S that was introduced in the United States back in June.
This 5.5-inch phone brings a fingerprint sensor on the back and a unibody metal design. Running on Android 7.0 (Nougat) operating system, it boasted by an Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 processor clocked at 1.3GHz with Mail-T720 MP3 GPU. There is 3GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage and expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD card.
Alcatel Idol 5 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved display, Dragontrial glass protection
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 processor with Mail-T720 MP3 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1/3? sensor size, 1.12µm pixel size, 76.3° angle (FOV)
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.4 aperture, 1/5? sensor size, 1.12µm pixel size, 84° angle (FOV)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions:148 x 73 x 7.5 mm; Weight: 155g
- 1.2W speaker, AW8738 amplifier, Dirac audio optimization
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 2800mAh battery
Speaking of price, the new Alcatel Idol 5 phone will priced at 239 Euros that equivalent about US$ 284. It coming in Metal Silver and Metal Black colors. This big phone will be available in Europe and LATAM in Q4 2017.