Together with the Tap device, Amazon has also unveiled another virtual assistant device. Dubbed the Amazon Echo Dot, it lands on market with exclusively availability for Prime members through Alexa Voice Shopping (that also knowns as existing Echo and Fire TV customers).
Unlike the Tap with a portable speaker form, the new Amazon Echo Dot virtual assistant comes in the form of a tiny disk. Well, it has a small built-in speaker and able to connect to home speakers with an audio cable or via Bluetooth. The Amazon Echo Dot Alexa-enabled device is capable to add voice-control to your home stereo system.
Key features of Amazon Echo Dot
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, read the news, set alarms, control smart home devices, and more using just your voice
- Connects speakers over Bluetooth or with the included audio cable to play music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n (Dual-band), dual-antenna (MIMO)
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Controls smart home devices like lights, switches, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, ecobee, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
- Learn more about Bluetooth speakers that work well with Echo Dot
If you’re interesting the Amazon Echo Dot, this device sells at price of $89.99.
Amazon Echo Dot Alexa-enabled device announced