Amazon has recently introduced a new virtual assistant device that comes in the form of a portable speaker, called the Amazon Tap. It seems a successor of Amazon’s successful Echo that was introduced back in 2014.
The new Amazon Tap brings dual stereo speakers with Dolby processing. That makes the output quality becomes crisp vocals, extended bass response, and 360 degree omni-directional audio. Good news, the Tap provides a built-in battery, which enables up to 9 hours of continuous playback.
Features of Amazon Tap
- Just tap and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi (802.11n) or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza
- Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
- Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
- Dual 1.5-inch drivers and dual passive radiators for bass extension
- Provides up to 9 hours of playback
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
- Includes Charging Cradle
The Amazon Tap virtual assistant is already available for purchase at cost $129.99. But it will ship from March 31st, 2016.
Amazon Tap virtual assistant in the form of a portable speaker