At its event in California, Apple has recently announced a new ‘small’ tablet, known as the iPad mini 4. The device comes with some updated features from its predecessor. If you’re comparing at the iPad mini 3, the latest model offers a slightly thinner and lighter design but comes with almost same specs as the iPad Air 2, of course, in a smaller body.
Like last year’s iPad mini 3 with Retina Display, the newcomer has same 7.9 inch Retina Display that capable to delivering 2048 x 1536 pixels. It is also becoming the faster iPad mini. Apple iPad mini 4 sports its own A8X chip with M8 motion co-processor. Instead of the old A7 chip that seen on the mini 2 and mini 3. The new smaller Apple’s tablet provides Touch ID fingerprint sensor and other internal parts like the iPad Air 2.
Apple iPad mini 4 specifications
- 7.9 inch Retina Display with 2048×1536 resolution at 326 ppi, Fingerprint-resistant Oleophobic coating
- A8X chip with 2nd gen 64-bit architecture and M8 motion coprocessor
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- iOS 9
- 4G LTE (Optional), Wi?Fi (802.11a/?b/?g/?n); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and GLONASS
- 8MP iSight 1080p camera
- 1.2MP HD front-facing camera
- 19.1-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
Speaking on price, the iPad Mini 4 is coming soon for $399 (16GB), while the 64GB and 128GB versions have $499 and $599, respectively. All of these are WiFi variants, while the Wi-Fi + Cellular models with 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB are $529, $629 and $729, respectively. Keep in mind, company has decided to discontinued the iPad mini 1 but the iPad mini 2 gets a new price, start at $269. iPad mini 4 will be available in Silver, Gold and Space Grey color options.