If you only have a laptop with a decent sound quality and disappointed with their sound options, Asus is trying to fulfill it with something pocket-sized USB-powered sound card. It’s called the Asus Xonar U3 Plus Digital-to-Analog Converter. So, it seems designed for people who want to listen to clear and crisp music or game sounds through their 5.1 or 7.1 channel headphones. Users will get the clearly high frequency sounds like explosions or footsteps in movies or games on the headphones.
Already we known older models and many current-generation notebooks comes with decent audio support. In term of specs, the Asus Xonar U3 Plus is actually lower version of the Xonar U5 and gaming-designed U7 Echelon Edition with Sonic Radar. Thus, it is carrying the Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC), which some people appreciate it. Because there is difference between digital and analog sense.
The USB-equipped Asus Xonar U3 Plus DAC is capable to delivering a Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) of 100dB, and 0.005 percent (-110dB) of total Harmonic Distortion + Noise. Thus it features a 20 Hz to 20 KHz of frequency response with 32~150? of headphone impedance optimized, as well as up to 48KHz @ 16bit sample rate and resolution.
In a part of a dedicated 10-band equalizer, this device provides five pre-set audio modes (Rock, Rock Pro, Ballad, Ballad Pro, and Special). New Xonar U3 Plus pocket-sized USB-powered sound card is equipped with a single 3.5 mm Line-in / Mic-in combo, one 3.5 mm analog output jack, and one S/PDIF output with analog out. Paired with a digital signal processor (DSP) for extremely-low microphone latency, it also supports real-time microphone audio recording.
For the time being, pricing and availability information hasn’t been revealed yet. Stay tuned, we’ll update you as soon as we hear anything more about the Asus Xonar U3 Plus DAC with headphones AMP.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR): 100dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise : 0.005% (-110dB)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Headphone impedance: Optimized for 32~150 ohm
- Interface: USB 1.1 or above bus compatible
- Sample Rate and Resolution: Up to 48KHz @ 16bit
- Connectivity: 1 x 3.5 mm jack analog out; 1 x 3.5 mm jack (Line-In/Mic-In combo); 1 x S/PDIF out (combo with analog out)
- Operation system: 1/8/7/XP(32/64bit)
- Karaoke functions: Music pitch-shifting, vocal cancellation, and microphone echo effects with stereo mix recording (Wave and Mic-in) for online Karaoke or online DJ applications