Asus has officially announced company’s third generation Android Wear smartwatch. It is namely Asus ZenWatch 3 that the first in the series to feature a round design at the IFA. This smartwatch has crafted from jewelry-grade 316L stainless steel. It measures just 9.95mm thick.
There are several interesting features that adopted by company into this device. Asus ZenWatch 3 Android Wear smartwatch is utilized magnetic charger. It provides an optional Watch stand. The 340mAh battery comes with HyperCharge technology and claims it is able to charge the Android Wear smartwatch up to 60 percent in just 15 minutes. Asus offers also a battery pack that gives 40 percent of battery life when you are outside.
Asus ZenWatch 3 uses interchangeable straps that including Italian leather strap. You’ll be found a three-button system to ensure users can easily and quick access to frequently used functions. For example, it is including opening the ZenFit activity tracking app and changing the display modes.
Asus ZenWatch 3 ?(WI503Q)? specifications
- 1.39? (400×400 pixels) 287ppi AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor
- 512MB RAM, 4GB eMMC
- Android Wear OS (compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 and iOS)
- Dust and Water Resistant (IP67)
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE, Wi-Fi
- Dimensions: 45 x 45 x 9.95 ~ 10.75 mm
- Sensors: 6-axis (gyro and accelerometer), Ambient light sensor
- 340mAh battery with HyperCharge
The Asus ZenWatch 3 will be available beginning October 2016 and costs 229 Euros (around $254 USD). It offers three different color options – Gunmetal, Silver and Rose Gold.