For fans awaiting the official announcement of the BlackBerry DTEK60 in the world, the wait is over as Canadian-based phone maker has introduced the handset. Company’s latest flagship Android smartphone has a pretty specifications with a massive 5.5-inch Quad HD display. Running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system, the phone boasts a Snapdragon 820 processor.
In term of photography, there is a 21-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash and PDAF. Around the front is an 8-megapixel selfie shooter with LED flash. One of selling point from BlackBerry DTEK60 phablet is a secure bootloader that uses multi-stage verification to ensure that the Android OS hasn’t been tampered with. Meanwhile, it is in order to protect business data against hackers rooting the device.
BlackBerry noted all data stored on the DTEK60 phone are protected with FIPS 140-2 encryption. The DTEK app will allow users monitor and fix privacy violations. Another features, BlackBerry DTEK60 smartphone provides a fingerprint sensor for added security and convenience when unlocking the device. The sensor is also capable to offer users accessing Password Keeper app and making purchases such as Android Pay.
BlackBerry DTEK60 specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD display
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K Video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.125um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens, LED flash
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.4 x 7 mm; Weight: 165g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The BlackBerry DTEK60 smartphone is available from BlackBerry online store in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands. However, the existence of new BlackBerry’s latest flagship smartphone in other countries will be announced in the coming weeks. The handset is arriving on market at price of $499 / £475 / CA$ $650 / € 579.
New DTEK60 Shows How BlackBerry Puts ‘the Smart in the Smartphone’