BLU Products is working on expanding its availability in the near future, especially for affordable Android smartphones in the United States. Three handsets have been officially launched at same time and all of them are support for LTE connectivity. They are called the BLU Studio Mini LTE, BLU Studio 5.0 HD LTE, and BLU Studio 6.0 LTE.
For further details of two latter handsets, you can read our previous articles. But the BLU Studio Mini LTE is the cheapest and smallest (of course) from the bunch. Designed for able to fit it all in the palm of your hand, the phone is also to be pocket friendly. This member of the BLU Studio family is support for 4G LTE networks that same as the 5-inch and 6-inch models.
New Studio Mini LTE phone packs a 4.5-inch display with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixel. The phone is powered by a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor and 1GB of RAM. It’s got four gigabytes of onboard storage (actual useable space will be less), and can take a microSD card for external storage. The phone has a 5MP rear camera and 0.3MP camera on the front.
Unlike other members of the BLU Studio lineup, the 4.5-inch phone comes with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean software and BLU says they’ll support updates to Android 4.4 KitKat OS later. Speaking of LTE connectivity, the phone is capable to work with AT&T, T-Mobile, Straight Talk, Cricket, and Metro PCS. Other noteworthy features WiFi, Bluetooth, and an 1850mAh battery.
Specifications of BLU Studio Mini LTE smartphone:
- Network: (GSM/GPRS/EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, (4G HSPA+ 42Mbps) 850/1700/1900/2100, (4G LTE) 700/1700/2600
- Display: IPS 4.5-inch 480 x 854 Capacitive Touchscreen
- Processor: Qualcomm 8926 Snapdragon 400, 1.2 GHz Quad-Core with Adreno 305 graphics GPU
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jellybean upgradable to 4.4 Kit Kat
- Camera: Rear – 5.0 megapixel, autofocus with LED Flash, (1.4mm pixel size, 1/4 inch sensor, 2.8mm aperture), HD 1080p@30fps video recording Front – 0.3 megapixel
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi b/g/n/, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0, Hotspot, micro-USB, FM Radio
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory + microSD slot expandable up to 64GB
- Dimensions: 137.1 x 67.4 x 10 mm
- Battery: Li-Ion 1850mAh
New BLU Studio Mini LTE smartphone is also available at Amazon store and asking price of $118.12. That’s an unlocked unit and free shipping. There are five different color options – blue, grey, orange, pink, and white.