EIZO has decided to unveil its new deskop display that called the EIZO FlexScan EV2780. It is carrying USB Type-C connectivity that allows a single cable to transmits video and audio. This connectivity is able to deliver signals up to speeds of 5 Gbps. Reportedly, the USB Type-C port can supply up to 30 watts of power for recharging notebook PCs and other devices. Well, it will eliminating the need for separate power cables.
As monitor part, EIZO FlexScan EV2780 display features a 27-inch screen size with an LED-backlit IPS LCD panel, a 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution and 178 degree viewing angles. It’s also capable to delivers a brightness of 350 cd/m2 and 1000:1 contrast ratio.
Key features of EV2780 monitor;
– One DisplayPort and one HDMI input terminal
– Dual one-watt internal speaker and a headphone jack
– Ergonomic stand with 155 mm height adjustment, 40° tilt (5° down, 35° up), 344° swivel 90° pivot for portrait mode
– Flicker-free viewing at all brightness levels
– sRGB, Movie, Paper, and two user-adjustable preset modes.
– 23 watts of power during typical use and zero watts of power consumed when the main power switch is off
– Overdrive circuit with 5 ms gray-to-gray response time for smooth display of moving images
– Energy Star 7 and TCO Certified Displays 7 compliance
– Five-year warranty and six-month guarantee against bright pixels from purchase date
Company hasn’t reveal any information about exact release date or pricing the FlexScan EV2780 display on market.