At an event in China, Honor has recently announced its latest smartphone, dubbed the Honor Magic. This handset comes with a pretty mid-higher specifications and also several premium features. The Magic brings a 5.09-inch Quad HD 3D curved glass AMOLED display. That’s accompanied by an Octa-Core Kirin 950 SoC. In term of software, it is running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with new Honor Magic Live OS.
Similar to the Honor 8, the new phone offers dual 12-megapixel rear cameras that promising brilliant image quality in low-light conditions. Honor Magic smartphone provides WiseScreen Sensor Magic intelligent sensor. That means it will detect when you pick up the phone. The sensor is located on phone frame, which combined with the front infrared camera recognize your hand and your eyes. It putting the phone into action by activating the screen. But the screen goes off in one second, when you put down your phone, or place it in your pocket.
Another exciting feature on the phone, it carries FaceCode Intelligent Recognition that new message notification will only reveal itself for pre-registered faces to ensure users’ privacy. The DeepThink will allow you Press and hold the home button, it will offer multi-facets information based on the current webpage you visit.
There are also a fingerprint sensor built into the home button. The home button allows you navigate around, including unlock the phone, return to previous page, browse history and return to the home screen, simply by touching, double tapping or swiping on the same key.
Honor Magic is equipped with curved glass finish on the back as well. Those who loving a phone with two cellular networs, the Magic has dual SIM support with unique SIM tray with slots on both the sides.
Honor Magic specifications
- 5.09-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 3D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 950 (2.3GHz 4 x A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x A53) 16nm processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Honor Magic Live OS
- Dual SIM
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 6P lens, 1.4um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146.1×69.9x 7.8 mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 2900mAh battery with Huawei Magic Power fast charging
The Honor Magic phone is currently available for order in its home market at price of 3699 yuan that’s equivalent $532 USD. This phone offers two different color options – Golden black and Porcelain white.