Already lands in the US, the new HTC One A9 smartphone will be available in Asia (at least in India) starting mid-December. This handset is HTC‘s first smartphone in the new One A series. Even it isn’t a flagship phone, the One A9 looks a lot like an iPhone 6S. It is also bringing decent build and some attractive specs, but sitting apart from a slightly cheaper smartphone.
The HTC One A9 is also missing iconic elements of the company brand, the Boomsound speakers on the front of the phone. Other hands, the One A9 phone offers flat body and rounded edges design. It provides a small mono speaker at the bottom.
This phone is take advantage of Google’s latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system that combined with HTC Sense UI. HTC One A9 features a 5-inch 1080p AMOLED display and an octa-core Snapdragon 617 processor. For selfie lovers, they are able to use an Ultrapixel front-facing camera. Its 13-megapixel rear camera features LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), and RAW image capture.
HTC One A9 Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, OIS, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Ultrapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 145.75 x 70.8 x 7.26mm; Weight: 143g
- Multi-directional fingerprint sensor
- 24-bit, 192kHz supported by Hi-Fi DAC, Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS, NFC
- 2150mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
The HTC One A9 will be available in Carbon Gray, Opal Silver, Topaz Gold and Deep Garnet color options. HTC have not revealed any pricing on the handset as yet in these countries.