As expected, Huawei has official announced its latest mid-range smartphone, the Huawei Honor 6X. It is coming in Huawei’s Honor brand that enters a phablet market. New device comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display and a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds. The new handset, successor to the low-cost Honor 5X.
Honor 6X phablet sports an Octa-Core Kirin 655 16nm processor and running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) OS with EMUI 4.1. The 12-megapixel camera features a phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), LED flash as well as a secondary 2-megapixel for achieving depth of field and background blur.
Honor 6X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF and 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh (typical) / 3270mAh (minium) battery with support for fast charging
The Honor 6X smartphone is now available for order in China but it will be up for sale starting from October 25th, 2016. Company is releasing the handset in three variants with Gold, Silver, Grey, Blue and Rose Gold colors.
– 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, priced at 999 yuan (about $148)
– 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version, priced at 1299 yuan (around $192)
– 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, priced at 1599 yuan (equivalent $237)