Another Chinese phone maker, Huawei‘s Honor Brand has officially announced its newest tablet and smartwatch. They are know as the Honor Pad 2 and Honor Watch S1. The first device comes with an 8-inch Full HD display paired with an octa-core Snapdragon processor. The Huawei’s Honor Pad 2 tablet is running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system with EMUI overlay on top. Besides both WiFi and 4G variants with voice calling capabilities, the tablet provides an 8-megapixel rear camera with single LED flash.
Honor Pad 2 specifications
- 8-inch (1920 × 1200 pixels) 16:10 IPS display
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (MSM8939) (4×1.5GHz + 4×1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB /32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Emotion UI 4.1
- 8MP rear Camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 2MP front-facing Camera
- 4G LTE (with voice calling), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS
- 4800mAh battery
The Honor Pad 2 tablet is available in Gold and White color options. You can buy it for 999 yuan (about $148) on the 3GB RAM with 16GB storage WiFi version. The 3GB RAM with 32GB storage WiFi model and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage 4G variant are priced at 1299 yuan (around $192) and 1499 yuan (about $222).
Next up! Honor Watch S1 is a fitness watch with a circular dial and interchangeable straps (18mm). Weighing just 35 grams, the smartwatch is support for water resistant up to 50 meters. This wearable device features a heart rate monitor, and up to 6 days of battery life. New Watch S1 offers notifications for calls, messages and reminders when connected to a smartphone.
The Huawei Honor Watch S1 will arrive in Orange, Black and Blue straps. It costs 699 yuan that’s equivalent about $103. Both Honor Pad 2 tablet and Honor Watch S1 will be available for order starting from October 19th and is expected to be available in China from October 25th.