Huawei has silently introduced one of its latest flagship smartphone in this month. After unveiled the Mate 9 at an event in Germany earlier this month, Chinese company has revealed the new Huawei Mate 9 Pro. The handset is basically a Porsche Design Huawei Mate 9 without the graphite finish. Well, the phone is still bringing the second generation Leica dual-lens camera with 12-megapixel RGB sensor. It has also 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and Hybrid Zoom that featuring 2x magnification, dual-tone LED flash, laser auto focus, optical image stabilization (OIS) and uses Huawei’s own ISP.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro smartphone sports a 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera, as well as a fingerprint sensor on the front. This phablet boasted by an Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 960 SoC with IntelliSense i6 sensor hub. It is running on Android 7.0 (Nougat) operating system with Emotion UI 5.0 on top. The 4000mAh battery features SuperCharge (3.5-5V – 5A / 9V-2A) technology, which claims full day of charge in 20 minutes.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 processor with Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica lenses, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
There are several color options – Black, Space Gray, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold, Mocha Brown and Ceramic White. The Huawei Mate 9 Pro phablet comes in priced at 4699 yuan (about $685) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version. Another model, the phone with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage is sells at cost 5299 yuan (around $772). It would be arrive in company’s home market – China starting from this month.