Kodak has decided to unveiled company’s second Android smartphone, called the Kodak Ektra. It comes with a 5-inch 1080p display and a Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 SoC. This 4G-support smartphone is running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system.
Manufactured by Bullitt, it is same company that built the IM5. Keep in mind that Ektra is 2nd phone from Kodak after the IM5 that was introduced back in January 2015. As photography-oriented phone, Kodak Ektra carrying 21-megapixel rear camera that features Sony IMX230 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6-axis optical image stabilization (OIS), Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), non-reflective lens coating, and dual-tone LED flash.
Thus, Ektra smartphone provides a dedicated shutter button and customizable manual mode. Its camera lens is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass. For selfie lovers, they can use a 13-megapixel front-facing camera. This smartphone has a widget with Kodak-curated app recommendations including Adobe Lightroom, VSCO and Prisma. New Kodak Ektra comes with a leather-like finish on the outside for a better grip.
Kodak Ektra specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.3GHz Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 6-axis OIS, Sony IMX230 sensor, 26.5mm lens
- 13MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
Those of you who’ve been waiting with bated breath to get your hands on Kodak Ektra phone won’t have to wait much longer. It will be available in European market starting this December for priced at £449 / €499.
Kodak Ektra smartphone announced with better camera features