In Japan, KYOCERA in partnership with KDDI has recently introduced a new second generation of its washable smartphone. It is called the KYOCERA rafre, which comes with a pretty interesting features for home-oriented. Based on its goal and suggested name, the new handset is a successor of DIGNO rafre that was introduced back in 2015 as the world’s first hand-soap-washable smartphone. It is resistance against foaming body soap in addition to foaming hand soap.
KYOCERA rafre like the predecessor that resistance to hot water. Thus, its touchscreen is capable to be used even when the user’s hands are wet or when wearing gloves. The rafre washable smartphone is build by a standard of MIL-STD-810G military specifications.
Alongside washable feature, KYOCERA rafre smartphone provides a cooking app, which allows users to scroll through recipes, set timers and answer calls through hand gestures without having to touch the display. This handset also offers 4G LTE connectivity with VoLTE support. For further detail, you can see the full specifications of this special phone at below.
KYOCERA rafre KYV40 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) TFT LCD display with Dragontrail X protection
- 1.4 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Shockproof (MIL-STD-810G), Waterproof (IPX5 / IPX8) and Dustproof (IP5X)
- Dimensions: 71 × 142 × 10.4mm ; Weight: 158g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3,000mAh battery
The KYOCERA rafre will be available starting from March 2017 in Japan that is currently open for order through KDDI at price of 43,200 yen (about $376 USD). There are three different color options – Pale Pink, Clear White and Light Blue.
KYOCERA rafre washable smartphone for people who likes foaming body soap and hot water