During the Tech World 2016 in San Francisco back in June, Lenovo was officially introduced a new Tango-enabled smartphone. Known as the Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro, this handset would be available in the United States starting from November 1st, 2016. The release date was delayed since it was supposed to go on sale in September.
Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro is actually the world’s first tango-enabled smartphone for consumers. Its 8-megapixel front-facing camera is capable to delivering Tango’s 3D mapping technology that claims understand the world around you. There are four cameras that includes a 16-megapixel RGB camera that features a depth camera and a motion tracking camera.
New PHAB 2 Pro is entering a phablet category that providing 6.4-inch Quad HD 2.5D Curved Glass display with a 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution. The heart of phone is an Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU. Alongside 4GB RAM, the 64GB internal storage is expandable memory capaity for up to 128GB with microSD card.
Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro specifications
- 6.4-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D Curved Glass display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano + Nano/microSD)
- 16MP camera with PDAF, Depth Sensor for Tango, Motion Tracking Sensor for Tango
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4?m pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- DOLBY Atmos sound with 5.1 audio capture, Triple Array Microphones with Active Noise-Cancellation
- Dimensions: 88.57 x 179.83 x 6.98-10.7mm; Weight: 259g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4050mAh battery with fast charging
The Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro smartphone lands in Champange Gold and Gunmetal Grey color options with full metal body design. This phablet is going on sale at cost $499.
Lenovo PHAB 2 Pro Tango-enabled smartphone coming to the US on Nov 1st