Google has officially announced a newest Android Wear smartwatch, called the LG Watch Sport. It comes with Circlular P-OLED displays, while the rotating power button will allow users to easily scroll through their stream. Thus, it brings up the app launcher, or get help from users’ Google Assistant. All are water resistant.
Another interesting features of the LG Watch Sport are an elastomer strap and NFC for payments through Android Pay. This LTE smartwatch has also GPS for tracking exercise and navigation, a heart rate sensor for workouts.
LG Watch Sport specifications
- 1.38-inch (480 x 480 pixels) Circular P-OLED Display at 348 PPI
- 1.1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 (MSM8909W) processor
- 768MB LPDDR3 RAM, 4GB eMMC
- Android Wear 2.0 OS (compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 and iOS)
- Dust and Water Resistant (IP68 )
- Dimensions: 45.4 x 51.21 x 14.2mm; Weight: 89g
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, LTE, 3G, NFC (Android Pay)
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro/ Accelerometer/ Compass), Ambient Light sensor, Barometer, PPG (Heart Rate Sensor), GPS
- Speaker, Microphone
- 430mAh battery
The LG Watch Sport will be available in titanium and dark blue colors. You’ll able to pick one up for priced at $349. It should be available from AT&T, Verizon Wireless and the Google Store. Google plans to sell the watch at carriers and retailers across Canada, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, UAE and UK in the coming weeks.
Android Wear 2.0: Make the most of every minute