Meizu, one of popular phone brand from Chinese, has recently announced its latest phablet at an event in its home market. It is called the Meizu M3E, which has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display. Most interesting, the handset is able to interact with Roewe RX5 SUV powered by YunOS. Keep in mind that YunOS is Alibaba’s smart device operating system, based on Linux-based development, including WebKit, OpenGL and other open source SQLite database. YunOS for Car has CarPlay and Android Auto functions that lets users to synchronize information from mobile devices.
Meizu M3E smartphone boasts an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P10 processor and runs on YunOS with Flyme UI overlay on top. Its 13-megapixel rear camera features phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) for fast focus in just 0.2 seconds, and Sony IMX258 sensor. Around the front, there is a 5-megapixel camera.
The M3E comes with mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button and able to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds. New Meizu M3E phablet features 4G LTE with voLTE support, and a 3100mAh battery that allows users to use mCharge fast charging as well as can charge up to 50 percent in just 30 minutes using 18W charger.
Meizu M3E specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) LTPS 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 1.8 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 3GBRAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- YunOS with Flyme UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX258 sensor, 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.6 × 75.8 × 7.9mm; Weight: 172g
- 4G VoLTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3100mAh battery
If you’re interested, the Meizu M3E comes in price of 1299 yuan (about $195). There are five different color options – Gold, Silver, Gray, Glacial Blue and Champagne Gold. Reportedly, the handset will go on sale in China starting from August 14th.
Meizu M3E smartphone announced with 5.5-inch 1080p display, 3GB RAM