One of popular phone brands from Chinese, Meizu has officially announced its newest mid-range smartphone at an event in local market. It is called the Meizu M3X, which entering a phablet segment market. The handset brings a glass back with ceramic crystal coating that dazzles when the light is reflected. That’s making the phone looks like a premium style.
Meizu M3X phablet packs a 5.5-inch 1080p Sharp TDDI LCD 2.5D curved glass display. This phone is also becoming the first smartphone with a Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P20 16nm processor. New M3X smartphone is running on Flyme OS that based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) software, but it will get the Flyme OS 6 update soon.
Its 12-megapixel camera on the back features dual tone LED flash, PDAF, Sony IMX386 sensor with 1.25 ?m pixel size, f/2.0 aperture and 4K video recording. Those whom selfie lover, they can use a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Like recently smartphones on markets, Meizu M3X provides mTouch 2.1 fingerprint recognition technology, which is enabling unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds for payments using Alipay and WeChat. Talking about a 3200mAh battery, it is support for mCharge that allows users charge the phone up to 40 percent in 30 minutes using a 18W fast charger.
Meizu M3X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) LCD display, 85% NTSC color gamut, 1500: 1 contrast ratio
- 2.3GHz GHz MediaTek Helio P20 Octa-Core 64-bit 16nm processor with ARM Mali T880 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
- Flyme OS based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 12 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Sony IMX386 sensor, 6P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.8x76x7.4mm; Weight: 165g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh battery with fast charging
There are Pearl White, Phantom Blue, Gold and Obsidian Black color options. The Meizu M3X will go on sale at price of 1699 yuan (about $247) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version. The 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version of M3X phone is priced at 1999 yuan (around $290). Folks in China will able to pick one up starting from December 8th.