Meizu has officially announced a newest budget-friendly smartphone an event in China. It is called the Meizu M5, which has a mid-range hardware specification. This phone comes with a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display. The Meizu M5 smartphone is utilized an octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6750 processor clocked at 1.5GHz and running on Yun OS with FlyMe UI overlay on top.
Alongside a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, its 13-megapixel rear shooter features dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that capable to make focus in just 0.2 seconds. The Meizu M5 smartphone provides a hybrid SIM card slot. Meanwhile, users can use the second slot as a microSD slot when required.
This phone is support for 4G LTE connectivity with VoLTE. Coming with a polycarbonate body, it is powered by 3070mAh battery. This Meizu phone carries a mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the M5 in 0.2 seconds.
Meizu M5 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC 5.0) storage / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.0) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Yun OS 5.1 with FlyMe OS 5.5
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 147.28 × 72.8 × 8.15mm; Weight: 138g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 3070mAh battery
The Meizu M5 smartphone has a several color options such as Mint Green, Glacier White, Champanage Gold, Sapphire Blue and Matte Black colors. It’s go on sale at 699 yuan (about $103) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage model, while the higher version, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage costs 899 yuan (around $132).