After several leaks and rumors, Lenovo (as Motorola brand owned) has recently announced its latest smartphone in the new ‘M series’ in China. Dubbed the Moto M, the handset is entering a phablet category. It brings a 5.5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display that accompanied by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P15 SoC.
The phone is running on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) operating system. Besides an 8-megapixel camera on the front, its 16-megapixel rear camera features phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that resulting in a quick focus.
There is a fingerprint sensor on the back alongside a water repellent nano coating. The latter is similar to other Moto phones. New Motorola Moto M carries all-metal unibody design with curved back. Thus, this phablet offers Dolby Atmos technology for a 360-degree immersive audio experience.
Moto M specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display
- 2.2 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P15 processor with Mali T860MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 151.35×75.35×7.85mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3050mAh battery with Turbo charging
Lenovo’s Moto M will be available in two color options – Gold and Silver. It will ask price of 1999 Yuan that’s equivalent about $294. Those who interested the device will found and able to order it through Lenovo website, jd.com, Tmall and other online retail sites starting now (November 9th) and goes on sale from November 11th in China.