Motorola has just officially announced its latest mid-range Moto Z series smartphone, called the Moto Z Play. It will enter a phablet market that offers a big-screen 5.5-inch size with 1080p Super AMOLED display.
Inside is an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 SoC and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) operating system. The 16-megapixel rear camera features dual-tone LED flash, laser autofocus, and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF). Around the front, there is a 5-megapixel selfie shooter that providing LED flash too. You’ll also found a fingerprint sensor on the front.
Like the other Moto Z smartphones, this one supports Moto Mods. Alongside 4G LTE connectivity, it has also WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, and USB Type-C port. Motorola Moto Z Play phablet provides front-ported loudspeaker and 3-mic support.
Moto Z Play specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 403ppi
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Single Nano-SIM / Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, 1.3um pixel, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, Wide-Angle lens, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Front-ported loudspeaker,3-mic support
- Dimensions: 156.4 x 76.4 x 6.99mm; Weight: 165g
- Moto Mods connector, Water repellent nano-coating, 3.5mm audio jack
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, USB Type-C port
- 3510mAh battery with Turbo charging
The Moto Z Play will be land in several color options such as Black, Silver, Black Slate, White, Fine Gold and Sugar White. It will ask price of $449.99 USD and expected to be sell globally starting in September. Folks in Europe will be able to pick one up for cost 499 Euros. Motorola.com and Verizon Wireless in the US will offer it under name as Moto Z Play Droid Edition for cost $408 ($17 per month) on September 8, 2016. In Canada, this handset will be available sometime in September via Telus, Koodo and Rogers. It will go price of $650 off-contract.