OPPO has recently unveiled a new 5.2-inch Android smartphone for Chinese market. Dubbed the OPPO A57, the device is the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘A Series’. The handset comes with several exciting features such as a 16-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and 1.12um pixel size.
Still on the front, the A57 phone provides a 5.2-inch HD display. Inside is an Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) software with ColorOS 3.0. In term of photography, there is a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF).
Onboard storage is the modest 32GB, but there’s a microSD card slot for expanding that (up to 128GB). The OPPO A57 smartphone is utilized 3GB of RAM. It has Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD) and 4G VoLTE support. The 2900mAh battery promises up to 11 hours of continuous video playback, up to 23 hours of standby, or 40 minutes of talk time, as well as up to 13 hours and 30 minutes of usage.
OPPO A57 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, LED Flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel, 5P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 149.1×72.9×7.65mm; Weight: 147g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2900mAh battery
The OPPO A57 smartphone will be available starting from December 12, 2016. It goes on sale in two different color options – Gold and Rose Gold. You can buy it for cost 1599 yuan (about $230).
OPPO A57 smartphone announced