Together with the 5.5-inch R9s smartphone, Oppo has also official announced a new bigger Android phone. It is called the Oppo R9s Plus, it has a bigger screen than the brother. The new phone packs a 6-inch 1080p display with 1.78mm narrow bezel and 79 percent screen-to-body ratio. The processor inside is also slightly difference from the 5.5-inch model, it boaststhe latest Octa-Core Snapdragon 653 chip.
New R9s Plus phablet is running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0 on the top. Coming in unibody metal body, the handset offers fingerprint sensor that embedded into the home button. Its 4000mAh battery features VOOC Flash Charge that capable to deliver two hours of talk time with just 5 minutes for charge.
Other specs are similar such as a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX398 sensor and f/1.7 aperture with dual-focus technology as well as 16-megapixel selfie snapper. But the Oppo R9s Plus smartphone is support for OIS+ technology.
Oppo R9s Plus specifications
- 6-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, 6P lens, dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, 4K video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.63×80.8×7.35mm; Weight: 185g
4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4000mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge
The OPPO R9s Plus phablet will be available for purchase sometime in December 2016. It will ask price of 3499 yuan, which means about $519 at exchange rate today. Buyers of phone will able to choose the R9 Plus in three color options – Gold, Rose Gold and Black.