As expected, Samsung has officially launched a new model of its A-series smartphone in South Korea. Called the Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016), the handset brings an excellent set of specifications. It has a quite similar look to the predecessor model. The 2016-relesed Galaxy A8 smartphone packs a metal build body alongside an Always On display feature. Keep in mind that the latter feature was initially introduced with the Samsung Galaxy S7 series.
The handset is entering a phablet category on smartphone smartphone. It boasts a massive 5.7-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The processor inside is an Exynos 7420 chip paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
In terms of photography, Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) has a 16MP rear-facing camera and an 8MP selfie shooter. This phablet provides a 3,500 mAh battery, fingerprint sensor and runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system.
Reportedly, new Samsung Galaxy A8 2016 smartphone should be available pre-order on the home country that exclusive from SK Telecom for 649,000 won ($580). It will come in blue color option only.
Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Always-on Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) 64 bit, 14 nm Exynos 7420 processor with Mali T760 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.6×76.8×7.2mm, 182g; Weight: 182 grams
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 3300mAh battery