Samsung has silently announced a newest clamshell Android smartphone in China, called the Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 (SM-G1600). As the suggest name, the new handset is the successor of the first Galaxy Folder smartphone (unveiled back in 2013).
Most of the phone’s specs sheet leaked in benchmarks couple of months ago, but for those who did not read our article, here is a quick recap that should 3.8-inch WVGA display, a 5-megapixel front camera and an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash. Thus, it is also carrying 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 425 processor and 2GB RAM.
Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 Android flip phone comes with polycarbonate body that looks like metal. This clamshell phone provides dedicated dual SIM card slots and a microSD card slot. New Galaxy Folder 2 has support for 4G VoLTE network.
Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 specifications
- 3.8-inch (480 x 800 pixels) WVGA display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) OS
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Dimensions: 122 x 60.2 x 15.4mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 1,950mAh battery
Pricing of the Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 is still unknown yet. But it brings golden color only and would be arrive in China soon.
Source: Product Page