Samsung has refreshed its big-screen smartphone line-up with launch a new smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime phablet is now available for purchase in India through retail stores. Initially, the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (SM-G610F) was introduced in Vietnam last week.
This phablet goes on sale with a 5.5-inch 1080p screen with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. Processor inside is an Octa-Core Exynos 7870 chip clocked at 1.6GHz alongside 3GB of RAM. It runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system. Thus, this phone provides a fingerprint sensor on the front that makes a premium feel.
In terms of photography, new Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime offers an 8MP front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture. Its 13-megapixel rear camera features LED flash and f/1.9 aperture. The phone comes with a metal frame and S bike mode. Other noteworthy features 4G LTE connectivity and dual SIM support with dedicated slots.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD TFT display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 1.6GHz Octa-Core Exynos 7870 processor
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 74.9 x 8.1mm
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3300mAh battery
Speaking of price, the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime phablet costs INR 18,790 (about $283 USD) at retail stores, while the MRP would be INR 19,400 ($292 USD). There are two different color options – Gold and Black.