Samsung has quietly launched a new LTE-A variant of its 10.5-inch tablet in South Korea. Dubbed the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Broadband LTE-A (Cat.6), it offers up to 225Mbps download speed that giving users a very fast connection while they’re away from Wi-Fi. As mention, use the connectivity will allow users to get 421 songs in a single minute that amazing!
Just reminder, the Category 6 LTE Advanced is giving better faster compared with Cat.4 LTE network (up to 150Mbps only). The upgraded Galaxy Tab S for South Korea is following the company unveiled the Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A in its home market back in June. That’s brings Cat.6 LTE support and Snapdragon 805 SoC.
All three major Korean carriers (SK Telecom, KT and LG U+) will sell the new tablet in two flavor options – Titanium Bronze and Dazzling White. If you’re residing in this country, you can get a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE-Advanced tablet for cost 799,700 South Korean Won (about $735 US).
As for the specs, here is a quick recap of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE-A.
- 10.5-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixel and 16:10 aspect ratio
- Octa-Core Exynos (A15 1.9 GHz + A7 1.3 GHz) processor
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, microSD card (up to 128GB)
- Android 4.4 KitKat OS
- Dimensions: 247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6 mm; weight 467 grams
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE-A (Cat.6 – up to 225 Mbps), Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, IR-LED, GPS
- 7900mAh battery
Anyone interested in buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE-A (Cat.6)? If not, what device are you considering?