Around the beginning of January 2016, Sony has announced some of its newest smartphone in the Xperia X line-up. The series would replace Xperia Z which is a next-generation flagship of Sony. But in the ongoing IFA 2016, Japanese Company finally unveil their smartphone that called Sony Xperia XZ.
As reported, the Xperia XZ becomes the higher-end flagship smartphone than the other Sony’s phones. In addition, it is carrying the very exciting specifications. That’s including feature-rich, especially in terms of photography.
Sony adopts its-own sensor, the Exmor RS 24mm with 23 megapixel camera on the back. Thus, the handset provides a LED flash. There are also “Triple image sensing” technology, which is able to detect movement of objects that are shot, so it will minimize the blur or shadow on the object of the photo. Then, you’re also found the laser autofocus that can take the focus quickly despite minimal room light conditions. Its video resolution is capable to record and reach up to a size of 4K. As for the front camera sensor brings 13 megapixels sensor.
Speaking engine inside, Specifications of Sony Xperia XZ is quite similar to the existing flagship Xperia X series smartphone. It is including Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 processor. As for memory and storage capacity, the RAM of smartphone has a size of 3GB, while the ROM is set 32GB or 64GB.
For its screen, Sony prefer uses of 5.2 inches in size with a resolution of Full HD, but already equipped with company’s flagship technology, Triluminos display and X-Reality Engine. So the resulting color is richer than the screen on existing smartphones. Housing ALKALEIDO metal material, it makes this smartphone seems sturdy and elegant.
The size of the battery from Sony Xperia XZ is a pretty small, a 2900mAh of capacity. It has IP65 / IP68 certification that promises waterproof. Armed with USB port type C, Xperia XZ are also providing the fingerprint reader. Unfortunately, Sony still take of advantages the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
Sony Xperia XZ specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit 14nm processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB (Dual SIM) internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3? sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2900 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
Sony would release the Xperia XZ smartphone in United States from October 23. However, the price of phone hasn’t still reveal yet. There are Forest Blue, Mineral Black and Platinum color options. Also, the phone comes in single and dual SIM variants depending on market.