Sony has been started rolling out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to its Xperia Z5 smartphone. In Turkey, owners of Sony Xperia Z5 has receiving the Android Marshmallow update. So, it is expected to be available in other countries shortly.
According to source, the Japanese phone maker will also release Android Marshmallow update for another variants of its Xperia Z5 smartphone. That’s including the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium and the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. Previously, Sony has been confirmed to adopt a Marshmallow update into the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua smartphone.
For those not in the loop with the Xperia Z2’s detail, here is a quick recap. First of all, it was officially introduced back in September last year. Aside green, white and black colors, the 5.2-inch phone lands in pink flavor. All have same frosted glass finish.
The Sony Xperia Z5 boasts a new 23-megapixel camera on the back with one of the fastest autofocus mechanisms in the industry. This handset brings a 5.2-inch 1080p display, 3GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 810 processor. Here is full specs sheet of phone.
Sony Xperia Z5 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3? sensor, f/2.0 sensor, G lens, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with Exmor R sensor, 25mm wide-angle lens
- IPX5 / IPX8 rating for dust and water resistance
- Fingerprint sensor
- Sony DSEE HX audio technology, LDAC codec
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 7.3 mm; Weight: 154 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 2900mAh Battery with STAMINA mode, Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
Sony Xperia Z5 receives Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update