Those of you who’ve been waiting with bated breath to get your hands on Sony Xperia XZ phone won’t have to wait much longer. This handset is already available in the United States and sold on Amazon for price tag $699.99. Considering the device is unlocked, you’ll be able to use it with any GSM carrier, and won’t have to worry about any contract fees or monthly fees.
This 5.2-inch handset is carrying a Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display together with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. It provides 3GB of RAM and a choice of 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. There’s a microSD card slot in case its built-in storage isn’t enough for you.
For those interested in making video calls while on the go, a front camera is available that supports 13 megapixel resolution. Around the back, there is a 23 megapixel rear camera for capturing photos and videos.
Sony Xperia XZ specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit 14nm processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB (Dual SIM) internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3? sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid AF, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2900 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
The phone is very much the true successor to the Sony Xperia Z5. But the new one is much more so than the underwhelming Xperia X that was launched earlier in the year.
As particularly promising prospect for PS4 owners, the Xperia XZ smartphone can also be used in conjunction with the Sony’s PS4 Remote Play app. It lets you use the new Sony Xperia XZ as a second screen for streaming games around your home. Already we had knew since PS4 Remote Play isn’t currently supported by any other phone manufacturer.
Unlocked Sony Xperia XZ smartphone now available in the US