Xiaomi at an event in China has official introduced its latest flagship Android smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 5. This handset will be available for purchase in the country from March 1st, 2016, while other market is expected to be land soon.
The new Mi 5 phone brings a 5.15-inch 1080p curved glass display. That’s combined with a Quad-Core Snadpragon 820 processor, which the phone runs MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
One of main highlight is a 16-megapixel rear camera with two-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus, DTI pixel isolation technology, Spectra image processor, 4-axis optical image stabilization (OIS), and 4K video recording. Around the front, it provides a 4-megapixel front-facing camera with pixel size of 2 microns.
Xiaomi Mi 5 brings a fingerprint sensor and USB Type-C port. Its 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 will able to give you talk time of up to 2.5 hours with just 5 minutes of charge. All are housing in 7.25mm thick and weighs just 129 grams as well as a 3D glass body with strong glass on the back.
Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with curved glass, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness
- Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera with 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25mm; Weight: 129g; Ceramic: 139g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone will be debut in Black, White and Gold color options. It will ask cost 1999 Yuan (about $306 USD) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and 1.8GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC. The high-end version with the same 3GB RAM, 64GB storage and 2.15GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC costs 2299 Yuan (around $351). For the exclusive Mi 5 Pro ceramic back edition with 4GB RAM, 128GB storage and 2.15GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC will be available at price of 2699 Yuan (about $413 USD).