Xiaomi, phone maker from China, has recently announced a new ceramic-housed smartphone, called the Xiaomi Mi MIX. It comes with a bezel-less design and a 6.4-inch (2040 x 1080 pixels) full HD display. The latter is whopping 91.3 percent screen-to-body ratio and packed by ceramic body.
The 6.4-inch Xiaomi Mi MIX phablet is take of advantages from ultrasonic technology instead of a standard proximity sensor. This smartphone is also utilized Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic system (instead of a standard earpiece) that allowing users to listen to calls without the earpiece. Around the back, Xiaomi Mi MIX smartphone has a fingerprint sensor for security feature.
Overall, this smartphone is designed by world renowned designer Philippe Starck. It runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system with MIUI 8 on top. Xiaomi Mi MIX phablet packs a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF and a custom-made. Its 5-megapixel front-facing camera below the screen is 50 percent smaller than a standard camera sensor.
Xiaomi Mi MIX specifications
- 6.4-inch (2040 x 1080 pixels) display with 17: 9 aspect ratio, 500nits brightness, 1300: 1 contrast ratio, 94% NTSC color gamut
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB DDR4 RAM with 128GB internal (UFS 2.0) memory / 6GB DDR4 RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 192Hz / 24-bit DAC chip
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 81.9 mm x 7.9 mm; Weight: 209 g
- 4G VoLTE , WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4400mAh (typical) / 4300mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi MIX is currently available for order in China but it will be go on sale starting from November 4th, 2016. New flagship smartphone lands on market in black color only. This smartphone is already listed at price of;
– the standard Xiaomi Mi MIX with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage; 3499 yuan (about $516)
– the Xiaomi Mi MIX special edition with 18k carat gold finish around rear camera and fingerprint sensor, 6GB RAM and 256GB storage; 3999 yuan (around $590)