Joins Predator G1 compact desktop, Predator Z1 monitor, and Predator 17 X VR-ready notebook, Taiwanese computer maker has decided to introduced a new liquid-cooled 2-in-1 laptop. It is called the Acer Switch Alpha 12, which has LiquidLoop cooling system. That promises improved reliability from this notebook.
As the suggest name, the machine is take advantages of 12-inch screen. This display featuring a 2160 x 1440 pixels resolution, 10-point multi-touch support, and optional Acer Active Pen. Aside pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home / Pro software, the new laptop packs up to 8GB of RAM and up to 512GB of storage.
Like the Microsoft Surface, this device is a 2-in-1 notebook with a detachable keyboard. But the new Acer Switch Alpha 12 comes with a fanless design. In term of pricing, the new hybrid device is also cheaper than the latest Surface Pro models.
Acer Switch Alpha 12 features and specifications
- 12-inch (2160×1440 pixels) 10-point multi-touch display with optional Acer Active Pen
- up to 8GB of RAM, up to 512GB of storage
- 6th Generation Intel Core i7, Core i5 or Core i3 processors
- Windows 10 Home / Pro
- 1080p Web cam
- LiquidLoop cooling system provides improved reliability
- Dimensions: 292.1x 201.4 x 15.85mm; Weight: 1.25kg when keyboard is connected
- up to 165 degrees built-in kickstand, attachable keyboard, fanless design, anodized aluminum chassis
- 2 x USB 3.1 ports, HDMI, 3 x USB Type-A ports, DisplayPort
- up to 8-hour of battery life
Reportedly, Acer Switch Alpha 12 hybrid laptop will go on sale in North America in June, while EMEA and China is expected to be receive in May. The device will be available starting price of $599 / €699 / ¥5,999.