Alcatel, TCL brand owned, has officially introduced a new variant of its Idol 4S smartphone. New variant is Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows 10 software that slightly different specifications for T-Mobile in the United States. But the Windows 10-inside phone has similar part to the Android version. It is a box that can transform into a VR headset. The phablet also provides Continuum support that lets users seamlessly connect the Idol 4S phone to a second screen, keyboard and mouse for a desktop experience.
Keep in mind, company was unveiled Alcatel Idol 4S with Android at the MWC earlier this year. This variant is already arrived on several markets. New model brings 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with a 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and Dragontrail glass protection. The processor inside is a Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor (2×2.15GHz + 2×1.6GHz) with Adreno 530 GPU.
Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows 10 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display, Dragontrail glass protection
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor (2×2.15GHz + 2×1.6GHz) with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB Internal Storage, expandable memory upto 128GB via micro SD card
- Windows 10 Mobile
- Fingerprint sensor
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX230 sensor
- 8MP front-facing camera with LED flash, 84-degree wide angle lens
- Dual 1.2W multi-directional speaker, Hi-Fi audio
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Alcatel Idol 4S Windows 10 variant will go on sale in Gold color only. In the US, you will able to pick one up through T-Mobile stores beginning November 10th, 2016. The new Alcatel Idol 4S phablet with Windows 10 operating system is asking price of $469.99.