Following other markets, BlackBerry Priv has arrived in Australia, according to its official announced. Folks in the country can buy the BlackBerry’s first Android smartphone through Optus mobile carrier.
Already launched since last year, the Priv is actually landing on more countries including Netherlands, Italy, and Spain, France, and India, as well as USA with their carriers. Optus has mentioned that the BlackBerry PRIV has listed on outright or on a range of post-paid plans.
The carrier also says it is first secure Android smartphone for better productivity, security, and flexibility. The Priv comes with a pretty specifications such as a 5.4-inch Quad HD AMOLED display and an Hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor. It runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system with BlackBerry’s own features and apps. In terms of photography including a 5-megapixel front-facing camera and a 18-megapixel rear camera with dual tone LED flash, OIS, as well as phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF).
BlackBerry Priv specifications
- 5.43-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED dual-curved display at 540 PPI with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 4-row BlackBerry slider keyboard
- Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 ( 4x 1.44GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A57 ) 64-bit processor with 600 MHz Adreno 418 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 18MP rear camera with dual-tone Flash, OIS, PDAF, f/2.2 6P lens, 4K video recording, 6DOF video stabilization
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 aperture, 1.7 micron pixel size
- Dimensions: 147 (184 opened) x 77.2 x 9.4mm; Weight: 192g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Front-facing speaker and 3 microphones
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB 2.0 with Slimport
- 3,410 mAh battery with up to 22.5 hours battery life with mixed use, fast charging
Starting Today, PRIV Is Now Available in Australia