BlackBerry was unveiled its latest Android smartphone into the world last month. Known as the BlackBerry Priv, this device is already available for purchase in the UK through ShopBlackBerry. BlackBerry or Android fans will able to grab this high-end smartphone for price of £559 incl. VAT.
Priv is actually the Canadian company’s latest high-end smartphone and running on the popular Android operating system. But it still keeps the traditional BlackBerry’s physical keyboard onto the handset. That’s one of key features from BlackBerry smartphones. Company is also mentioned that the BlackBerry Priv is more secure than the usual Android devices ever. Initially, BlackBerry’s phone is well-known the better security aspect than other smartphones. The new BlackBerry Priv provides an excellent set of specifications on board.
It packs a 5.4-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels and a pixel density of 540ppi. The heart of device is a Snapdragon 808 processor combined with a massive 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. In case, the onboard storage isn’t enough for you, there is a microSD card slot for expansion and removable storage.
BlackBerry Priv specifications
- 5.43-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED dual-curved display at 540 PPI with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 4-row BlackBerry slider keyboard
- Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 ( 4x 1.44GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A57 ) 64-bit processor with 600 MHz Adreno 418 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB of internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 18MP rear camera with dual-tone Flash, OIS, PDAF, f/2.2 6P lens, 4K video recording, 6DOF video stabilization
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 aperture, 1.7 micron pixel size
- Dimensions: 147 (184 opened) x 77.2 x 9.4mm; Weight: 192g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Front-facing speaker and 3 microphones
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, NFC, USB 2.0 with Slimport
- 3,410 mAh battery with up to 22.5 hours battery life with mixed use, fast charging
BlackBerry’s 5.4-inch phone runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system. The handset is also supporting 4G LTE connectivity.
BlackBerry Priv now available in the UK