Oppo has recently announced a new flagship smartphone in its home market. Dubbed the OPPO R9s, the handset comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p display that entering a phablet category. This big phone is take of advantages from an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor. Furthermore, the new handset offers 1.66mm ultra-narrow frame and 77.5 percent screen-to-body ratio on its display.
Running on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0, the OPPO R9s uses unibody metal design. There are fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. You can also use VOOC flash charge that will give 2 hours of talk time with just 5 minutes for charge.
Considering the 16-megapixel rear camera, it features Sony IMX398 sensor and f/1.7 aperture with dual-focus technology. The front-facing shooter has 16-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture and P lens.
Oppo R9s specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, 6P lens, EIS, LED Flash, 4K video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153×74.3×6.58mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3010mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge
Company plans to sell the R9s smartphone in Gold, Rose Gold and Black colors. Consumers who want pick one up can buy the OPPO R9s for 2799 yuan that’s equivalent $415 USD. Good news, the OPPO R9s phablet is currently available for order in China and goes on sale starting from October 28th.