Giant company from South Korean, Samsung has unveiled a new external solid state drive (SSD) that offers an attractive features. Called the Samsung T3, this latest palm-sized portable SSD provides USB 3.1 Type C support. Most interesting, this external storage promises compatible with a range of USB supported devices. That’s including computers with Windows or Mac OS, as well as the latest Android smartphones and tablets.
Buyers will able to choose either of 250GB, 500GB, 1TB or 2TB capacities. Reportedly, the new Samsung T3 portable SSD with USB Type-C is capable to sequential read and write speeds of up to 450MB/s (with a USB 3.1 connectivity). The portable storage is also pretty lightweights, just 51 grams and a metal casing. Company says the 2.5″ SATA SSD drive uses same controllers and flash such as a Type C to Type A cable.
Samsung T3 Portable SSD Specifications
- Capacity – 250GB/500GB/1TB/2TB
- Interface Compatible with USB 3.1, USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 74 x 58 x 10.5 mm; Weight: 51 grams
- Transfer Speed – Sequential: Up to 450MB/sec
- Strong, shock-resistant metal case and internal support frame
- UASP Mode
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- Requires Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS 10.7 or higher and Android KitKat (version 4.4) or higher.
- Certification – CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, C-tick, FCC, IC, UL, TUV, CB
- RoHS2 Compliance
- Limited 3-year warranty
Unfortunately, there isn’t detail on the pricing yet. But the Samsung T3 external SSD would be arrive in early March.