A flip phone isn’t dead yet, Samsung has officially announced a new clamshell smartphone in China. Called the Samsung W2017 (SM-W2017), it is actually the successor of the W2016, which was introduced last year. It is company’s latest premium flip phone with pretty specs. The new one carries usual typical flip phone environment. It is including users can use the phone even when it’s closed. Users are able to flip open to use the other screen with a keyboard.
The Samsung W2017 has dual 4.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED displays. Internally, the heart is a Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor that accompanied by Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) software. For a great camera experience, the flip phone offers a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. Thus, there is a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash. New Samsung SM-W2017 clamshell phone comes with metal frame and a glass back that similar to the predecessor. Users can also take advantages of a fingerprint sensor on the back along with a heart rate sensor.
Samsung W2017 specifications
- 4.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED dual displays
- 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, 1.4?m pixels
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor
- Dimensions: 127.8 x 61.4 x 15.8mm, Weight: 208g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- 2300mAh battery with Fast Charging (wired and wireless)
The officially pricing and availability of the Samsung W2017 isn’t revealed yet. But the new Android clamshell phone offers Black and Gold color options.
Samsung W2017 (SM-W2017) flip smartphone announced