Joining the Droid Turbo 2 smartphone, Motorola teamed with Verizon Wireless have launched another phone in the United States. It is dubbed the Motorola Droid Maxx 2, which is a phablet category. This phone is basically a variant of Moto X Play.
New Droid Maxx 2 smartphone has a 5.5-inch touchscreen display that protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 from stretch. New device comes with a much better display, camera, and processor. It is also an even larger battery and colorful user-changable back plates. The Motorola Droid Maxx 2 smartphone provides a memory card slot for removable storage.
As its predecessor, the design and exterior of phone is identical to the Moto X Play such as a metal frame, as well as curves along both sides and the back. It made by a rubbery material to ensure feels softer to the touch and certainly help with grip.
Even mid-range device, Motorola Droid Maxx 2 is surprisingly good performance with an octa-core 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor backed by the Adreno 405 GPU and 2GB of RAM. Unfortunately, this phbalet comes with a single speaker but it does get quite loud.
Motorola DROID Maxx 2 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 ( 4 x 1.1 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 148 x 75 x 8.9-10.9mm; Weight: 169 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 3630mAh battery
The Motorola Droid Maxx 2 phone should be now available online and in stores likes Droid Turbo 2. Verizon offers the phone at cost $384 sans contract or $16 per month for 24 months. Buyers will able choose one of Black with Deep Sea Blue Back or White with Winter White Back colors.
Motorola Droid Maxx 2 from Verizon now available